Wiring Software – Excel for wiring diagrams
Wiring DS is a powerful application for drawing wiring diagrams from the list of I/O signals in Excel.
- It draws the electrical and wiring diagrams of the PLC Cabinet.
- By using the information from the I/O list in Excel, Wiring DS generates the wiring diagrams from the field instruments to the PLC.
- It has many Excel macros to simplify work and reduce time spent.
- Technical requirements: PC with Windows 7 or later and Excel 2013 or later.
In automation projects it is common to use Excel to make the PLC or DCS I/O list. It is a live list that is modified several times during the project and forces us to modify other documents. The production of engineering documents is expensive and time consuming. What would you say about a tool that would allow to generate the electrical and field wiring diagrams of the PLC or DCS from the I/O list in Excel? This is Wiring DS.
Advantages of Wiring DS
- You can use the I/O list of the project to draw the wiring diagrams.
- The data entry and electrical symbols of each part of the diagram (AC, DC, PLC, I/Os, etc.) is done in an Excel sheet. Rows can be filtered to generate different design alternatives and compare costs.
- It is very easy to make modifications by deleting or inserting Excel rows.
- Revision control can be done automatically by marking symbols with colors (standard or full marking)
- It incorporates macros to perform functions such as checking for duplicated tags, material counting and cost, bill of materials, etc.
- The diagrams can be exported to PDF or to a multi-sheet Excel file.
- It can be used as a tool to very quickly create a draft of the wiring diagrams that complements the use of other electrical schematic design tools.
- Due to the use of Excel and low cost of the tool, any technician can draw the schematics or diagrams using his/her normal work PC.
Templates and Symbols
- There is a separate Excel file with up to 64 modifiable templates (32 for the PLC modules depending on the model, and 32 for the complete wiring diagrams with the junction boxes). The file can be duplicated to create more templates almost unlimitedly.
- Depending on the template used, many types of documents can be created (classic wiring, tables, combination of wiring and data tables, etc.).
- There are more than 400 modifiable symbols available (AC/DC circuits, PLC modules, interfaces such as relays or isolators, etc.).
- There is a modifiable “master” Title Block where the logo can be included.
- Up to 4000 inputs / outputs.
- Automatic numbering of cables.
- Automatic generation of cross references
- Wiring Diagrams can be created in any language.
- English Manual (soon in spanish), and many videos with spanish audio and english subtitles.
Use the button below to download a .ZIP file with several sample documents generated by Wiring DS, in PDF and XLSX formats.
Use the button below to download the MANUAL of Wiring DS, in PDF format.